Fullerton House is located in the Methody Campus, adjacent to the Lisburn Road. Children attend Fullerton from the immediate locality of South Belfast and further afield from Lisburn and Hillsborough. Parents who work in the City or Royal Hospitals or Queen’s University, Belfast, find the proximity of Fullerton very useful on combining the school run with their journey to work.
There has been a Preparatory Department in the main buildings of the College since it opened in 1868. The name "Fullerton House" was to commemorate the long and distinguished services to the Methodist College of the Late W.M. Fullerton, Esq., D.L., a Former Governor of the College. The Pre School and Preparatory Departments at the College itself, dating from 1868, only gained an independent entity much later. When the Governors of the College acquired the premises at 11 College Gardens, in the summer of 1951, the Methodist College Preparatory School classes had been given a home of their own. Fullerton moved to its present location in the grounds of the College in 1975 when the School took possession of this magnificent new block in the grounds of the College facing the Lisburn Road.
This building accommodates fourteen classrooms which have been designed with regard to modern teaching techniques. Each room has the facility for using television and video material. A specialist room is set aside for the teaching of music. A comprehensive central library is stocked with reference material and a growing collection of suitable fiction. It also houses other resource material in the form of maps, charts and periodicals which may supply up to date information for project work.
The Head of the Preparatory Department
Fullerton House School
1 Malone Road
Belfast BT9 6BY
Telephone: 028 90 205217