Parent Teacher Association
The Parent Teacher Association has raised an immense amount of money over the years to provide valuable extra equipment to benefit their own and future generations of pupils. The PTA organise an excellent variety of events and welcome any help from any source! The committee is also happy to assist new parents with any queries.
We are fortunate that to have a vibrant and active Downey House Parent Teacher Association. The role of the PTA is:
- Raising funds to support the teaching and learning of the children throughout the department.
- Providing opportunities for children to take part in enjoyable activities with their families and with other children.
- Providing opportunities for parents to socialise with other parents within the school community.
The PTA has recently committed to fund a number of small and larger scale projects within the school. Many of these centre around the revitalisation of the playground and its surrounds. It is hoped that the culmination of this will be new, fun, child friendly playground markings after the completion of the Preschool building renovation.
Another sizeable investment is the purchase of new PE equipment which is hoped will enhance the teaching of PE within the school for years to come.
Below is the list of currently agreed items for purchase and projects:
- Netball hoops and nets.
- Playground play equipment and toys for all classes and individual storage boxes for safe keeping.
- Blackboards to be hung on the outside of the outdoor classroom.
- Wet weather suits for Preschool (see above).
- Weather vane, giant thermometer and rain guage.
- Small item classroom equipment inlcuding play trays and sand trays, measuring containers.
- New PE equipment.
- Child friendly playground markings.
The PTA organised a great day of fun for all the children for Christmas. They took part in lots of sporting activities but the most fun was the hot chocolate, sweets and presents!
The PTA organised an amazing pumpkin patch today for all the children for Halloween. What fun they had racing to get the best pumpkin! The children all looked amazing in their fancy dress.