At Downey House we believe your child will develop a love of learning in a happy, safe and encouraging environment.
- Co-educational learning.
- Small class sizes (maximum of 24 pupils) - teachers have more time to spend individually with children giving them the attention they need to flourish.
- Academic excellence – 100% of 2019/2020 P7 pupils transferred to grammar school with 97% transferring to Methody.
- Non-denominational – inclusivity and diversity permeates school life.
- Specialist teachers – Drama, French, Music, PE & Games, Swimming and learning support.
- Excellent wrap around care with breakfast and afterschool clubs.
- Located on a 40-acre site – with exceptional sporting facilities.
- Family ethos, a caring school community – creating a positive environment in which to learn.
- Exceptional pastoral care – each child’s needs are attended to and their development is supported.
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Happy, bright and confident children.
Downey House is located on a 40-acre site at Pirrie Park, Methody’s playing fields in East Belfast near the Ravenhill Road and Cregagh Road.
The school accommodates 15 classrooms, a computer room, music room, library, gym/assembly hall and a canteen/hall with stage. The school is set in exceptional grounds and playing fields with access to facilities for tennis, netball, hockey, basketball, football, cricket and rugby.
We chose Downey in part because of family ties with Methody but also because we wanted our children to attend a co-ed and non-denominational school. When we toured the school we were very impressed with the articulate, polite, confident and happy pupils. The grounds are quite amazing and it's great to see the children being able to play in so much green space. Downey's small class sizes create an environment where the children all know each other and play amongst year groups; there's a real family feel to the school. We're pleased to say that our children are very settled and thriving at Downey!
Michael & Susan McNeill, Downey House parents.
We realise there’s no better way to find out more about a school than seeing for yourself. We’d love to show you around our wonderful school, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to arrange a tour or answer any questions you may have. Please contact us using the form below: