National Apprenticeship Week
National Apprenticeship Week takes place from 6 - 10 February 2023.
The annual week-long celebration, builds on the resurgence in apprenticeship numbers following the Covid-19 pandemic, aims to raise the profile of apprenticeships across Northern Ireland.
Higher Level Apprenticeships, or Degree Apprenticeships, are an excellent way to earn a University degree while working, gaining valuable experience and being paid a wage.
If you are planning to apply for a Higher Level Apprenticeship, you should speak to Mrs Bell.
Check out some of the opportunities and events that are taking place:
Access 130+ amazing opportunities in fintech, software, engineering, construction, banking, printing and many more sectors!
Find your perfect opportunity and start you application today, find out more.
During Apprenticeship Week, there'll be a number of in-person and virtual events taking place. Events will be hosted by a range of stakeholders including local councils, employers, Further Education colleges, universities, private training providers and others. Find out more.
Join UCAS each day to discover something new about what’s on offer and what’s involved in studying while working.
- Hear from current apprentices about their experiences.
- Meet and speak to employers apprenticeship providers about what opportunities await you.
- Get expert advice on choosing between your options after school or college.
- Join us live to find out how you can land your dream apprenticeship.
Automative, Transport & Logistics Apprenticeships - 7 February 2023, Nutss Corner Business Park 2pm - 8pm
- Learn about the wide range of apprenticeship opportunities in motor vehicles, transport & logistics.
- Talk to their careers officers and technical training team about TTS programmes and long-term career paths.
- Tour their workshops, training rooms and computer suites.
- Participate in activities and get involved.
- Apeak to apprentice employers recruiting in partnership with TTS.
- Apply on the day!
Deloitte's four-year BrightStart programme in Belfast has welcomed 200 apprentices in its first four years.
Combining degree studies with paid experience in a permanent role, its helping young people take their early steps on the career ladder.
Aston University has some exciting activities planned for Apprenticeship Week, they will be:
- Sharing employers and apprentices journey with Degree Apprenticeships.
- Twitter takeover Q&A session on Thursday 9 February from 12-2pm, ask our Apprentice about Degree Apprenticeships.
- Listen to their podcast featuring Aston's experts discussing how a strong talent pipeline can help businesses weather turbulent times.
National Apprenticeship Week gives us an opportunity to reflect on the value of apprenticeships as a tool to develop employees' skills and knowledge generating a talented workforce equipped with future-ready skills.
See below for information on Belfast Met's Higher Level Apprenticeship Degrees: