Skip To Main Content

Landing Nav


Rowing Album

The Rowing Club has been a source of great success and camaraderie since its beginnings in 1930.

For thirty years crews used the facilities of Belfast Commercial Boat Club on Balfour Avenue until setting up at the current site in Lockview Road in 1960.

We are reviewing how we display our history through the photographs we have.  Many photographs were previously displayed in the College and then in the original Lockview Road Boathouse.

We have recovered many, but not all the crew photographs. Have a look through the below album, if you have a crew photograph and it is not in the album we would love to add it to our collection. Please send any good quality scanned photographs to the Alumni Office via email (

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all who have contributed to the collection. 

We are planning to create a permanent display which will be along the stairwell in School House that leads to the Rowing Land Training Centre located on the top floor. The photographs from the Gallery, together with any we receive, will be used in the display.

Within the next couple of months, we will then have this permanent pictorial history reflecting the ‘almost 100 years’ of the Rowing Club visible to current pupils and visitors to the College.