You Are Here » Methodist College Home Alumni » Requesting Exam Certificates

Requesting Exam Certificates

Former Pupils often contact the College after they have been asked to produce their exam certificates for a job interview and they then realise they cannot find them!

In many cases it transpires that the pupil never collected their certificates from the College and they are still here. Currently we have some certificates going back to the early 2000s: if you think we still have your certificates, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can check for you..

Please note, College policy has always been that former pupils must collect their certificates from the Rolls and Records Office, usually in the Christmas term after they leave school. Certificates must be signed for so that the College has a record of the certificates being collected.

If a former pupil no longer lives locally, he/she can nominate a relative or friend to come in and sign for the certificates: just let us know beforehand so that we can have them ready for you.

Certificates will only be posted out in exceptional circumstances and the College will not take any responsibility for certificates that are lost in transit.

Lost/Damaged Certificates

The college does not keep copies of certificates, and is not legally required to keep details of pupil exam results after a certain period of time. If a former pupil has lost his/her certificates, he/she must apply to the exam boards for replacement certificates or an official statement of results. This will incur a fee per exam board, so we recommend that in the first instance, contact NICCEA, the exam board for Northern Ireland. This is the board used for the majority of subjects at Methody. After feedback from NICCEA, contact the other boards for any other subjects.


AQA [note: this covers exams taken with AEB/SEG/NEAB boards before merger & creation of AQA board]